CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

August 21, 2012

Me & Dad Clowning Around

This was one of those rare moments with my dad.  Often we take the normal family snap shot before he leaves to go back home but this time was different.  We decided to be a little corny for the camera (sorry for the bad camera shot - pic is not this dark or red).  My dad will pick a weekend that we have as a holiday and drive down and stay a couple of days.  We end up having to pack in a lot of family time into a couple of days.  My dad has since retired from the military and teaching so he has some free time on his hands when he is not vacationing.  We don't get to see him as often so we try to make all time count.  The paper is warped becasue I sprayed different mists on it and it did not dry flat.  I wanted to try some different techniques on this page.  I deceided not the mat the pics so instead I took a marker and went around the photo.  I used embrodiery thread to tie the banners together.  Im trying to venture outside of my comfort zone and try different things.  I want to broaden my scope and increase my creativity range.

ITEMS USED:
K&Company 12x12 designer paper (no name on the pad - very odd)
CTMH Cricut cartridge - Art Philosophy with coordinating chipboad pieces for the banner
Cricut Cartridge - Everyday paper dolls (grass)
Cricut Cartridge Accent Essentials (for the sun)
Mamking memories 6x6 paper pad EMMA
Tattered Angels glimmer mists: turquoise blue and slate
Tattered Angels chalkboard mists: chalk and strawberry shortcake
Craters workshop 6x6 templates: mini gears, mini ledger and mini chicken wire
Memento tuxedo black ink
Classic Stampin Up Lucky Limeade ink (used to edge the banners)
American Crafts Samp Marker - Apricot and sunflower

0 comments: