CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

July 29, 2011

Santa Spotted in July

Hello Fellow Crafters,
I created this card for a challenge but it was a little short on design and creativity.  So I am still going to upload it and put myself out there anyway.  As they say no risks...no gains.  I used the Doodlecharms cricut cartridge and I chose the Santa on page 127.  I also used my gypsy with this project.  I really love the gypsy.  It allows you to see how each pic will be laid out on the craft sheet and it allows you to place in specific areas to better maximize all of the page and it allows you to paper piece as well.  It also will let you see if your items will fit together well before you cut.  It cuts down on mistakes.  I cut the Santa and all of the layer out at 4.5.  I used Micheal's Recollection paper since I have a lot of it and I decided that I can't buy anymore paper till I use what I have on hand.  I also used glimmer mist "silver" on the beard.  I used 10mm Pom Poms.  I also cut the shadow but it was too small so you can't see it.  I used the shadow and a card base by sizing the Santa to 4.53, them copied and welded together.  It worked but it was too small.  I still used it.  I should have erased the eyes on the gypsy and just use Peachy Keen faces.  On the second Santa card I did just that for the face.


0 comments: