September 7, 2015

Marquee letters " Y" and "K" Project

Heidi Swapp Marquee Letters

This was my first project back to scrapping in a long time.  I have seen these letters all over YouTube and I wanted to give it a try.  I did not realize that they are made out of a heavy cardboard material.  I did paint the inside front and back with the Claudine Hellmuth paints (which I love) and it held up really well.  Greatly impressed.  The kit came with everything you see below in the 1st picture except you have to add batteries.  The additional material issued was:

1. Lavender duct tape (used on the sides the letters)
2. Recollections 12x12 glitter cardstock (Light green)
3. Claudine Hellmuth paints (yellow pastel and landscape green) were mixed together to make a lighter shade of light green to match the cardstock.

     I heavy duty glitter yardstick was a challenge to work with since it gives very little for wiggle.  I had to cut the letters slightly smaller in order for it to lay in the recesses of the letters.  Also you will have to cut the holes as well.  I used my small crocodile to cut out the holes.  However you still have to make the holes extra large to accommodate for the light bulbs.  If you are not extremely careful you can ruin your letters.  I used the end of one of my paint brushes and twisted it through to make the hole larger for the bulbs to go into the holes.  Some videos had members painting the whole letter in different colors.  Some members chose light weight paper and others chose to leave it white but change the bulb color.  I am thinking of changing mine to a purple color but not sure as of yet.  I scrap room colors are light green, light purple and beige.  These colors are very peaceful to me.  I plan on completing more projects like this down the line as well as focusing on creating page layouts to become more proficient.

Heidi Swapp Marquee Letters