CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

June 8, 2011

Challenge Me Monday #63 Dad

The Fantabulous Challenge Me Monday #63 - Dads

I made these cards for my brother-in-laws Jon and Gary.  The cards were made with the following items:

1. Micheal's Recollection Kraft paper cut to 4.5x5.25
2. K&C Company Julianne designer paper 6x6
3. Tim Holtz's stamp "Paris Film"
4. Ranger's Inkssentials fabric artist trading cards natural
5. TPC Studio "travel World" clear stamps 
6. Tim Holtz's Distress Stains "peeled paint and antique linen"
7. Tim Holtz's Distress Ink "tea dye and peeled paint"
8. Memento ink "tuxedo black"
9. ColorBox Chalk ink "chestnut roan"
10. The stamps of life "all4Dads"
11. Sandylion Kelly Panacci stamps "time flies"
12. scrapbook adhesives pop dot squares

This was a new technique that I decided to try and it was pretty fun but it could be better.  As you see below, the brown card came out better than the green.  I learned that it is better to use the same ink stain as the ink pad.  I think it would have been better to use "Staz On" to ink the image instead of chalk ink.  I really enjoyed using the Tim Holtz's Distress stains.  I will definitely buy more since I loved using them.  They work great on paper and fabric.  I used the Tim Holtz's distress inks to ink the edges of the card.  The fabric trading cards are awesome to work with because they already have a sticky back so attaching them to projects is effortless.  I also cut strips from the Julianne paper to give it a stripe look on the front of the card.  







2 comments:

BugBites

wow- I really like your technique and how these turned out. Thanks for playing along with us at FCCB this week.

Lisa Norris

Great job...these are perfect for Father's Day! Thanks for joining us this week at FCCB!

Lisa
http://prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com